Imagine the challenges and issues faced when finding liability insurance to benefit astronomy clubs across the country. No two clubs are alike: Large club vs. small; city locations vs. rural; and varying club activities – meetings, outreach, and star parties. Can one national insurance source be suitable for all clubs?
The Astronomical League encourages its member societies to periodically examine their insurance needs. Clubs might want to consider a product offered specifically for those belonging to the Astronomical League. Here is some basic information about that particular product:
- The underwriter is Fireman’s Fund.
- Coverage is available in all 50 states.
- Generally, the annual premium starts for as little as $315 per year for $1,000,000 of liability insurance. This will not be the case in every instance, though.
- The insurance company caters to non-profits, and their products are geared toward smaller clubs.
- The Astronomical League is listed on their website. League clubs can complete the necessary forms to quickly obtain a quote or establish coverage, listing themselves as a chapter of the Astronomical League.
For more information about this affordable club liability insurance opportunity, please contact the Astronomical League national office: firstname.lastname@example.org