Location of event:
The EAS will be at the Everett Public Library Evergreen Branch location all day Saturday April 29th (10:00 – 4:30) with exhibits (such as a hands-on meteorite display), telescopes and imaging equipment, solar observing, and other media collections.
DAYTIME EXHIBITS & PRESENTATIONS AT EVERGREEN BRANCH LIBRARY on Saturday April 29th
The Everett Astronomical Society (EAS) will have Astronomy Day presentations and activities at the Evergreen Branch of the Everett Public Library, on Saturday April 29th , from 10:00 AM until 4:45 PM.
All activities are free and open to the public at no charge.
These will be on display in the Evergreen Branch Library meeting room on Saturday:
- Astronomical images, many by local amateurs
- Telescopes of multiple types, astronomy binoculars, solar observing scopes, astro-imaging equipment
- Slide shows, various astronomical telescopes, computer and internet astronomy, books, photographs, posters, hand-on activities
- Local amateur astronomers are on hand to answer questions and describe astronomical observing and digital imaging techniques.
- Solar telescopes to view sun spots and solar prominence viewing with specialized hydrogen-alpha telescopes from sidewalk outside the exhibits.
- Attendees can pick up free copies of detailed sky maps showing the night sky objects, and handouts about getting started in astronomy.
- Learn about further sky-gazing and other activities conducted by the Everett Astronomical Society and other astronomy organizations in the northwest throughout the coming year.
Evergreen Branch of Everett Library
9512 Evergreen Way
Everett, WA 98204
Contact Everett Public Library http://www.epls.org/
Phone - 425-257-8250 or 425-257-8260
Evergreen Branch Library Map - https://www.epls.org/154/Directions-and-Hours