The Observing Program Directors are excited to announce that at the July AL Council meeting, the Council adopted five new Observing Programs and Awards.
- Alternate Constellations Observing Program - Brad Young, Coordinator
- Foundations of Imaging Observing Program - Dan Crowson, Coordinator
- Library Telescope Observing Award - Tom Lynch, Coordinator
- Lunar Evolution Observing Program - Chuck Allen Coordinator
- Master Imager Award - Aaron Clevenson, Coordinator
This is the start of the Astronomical League's foray into Imaging specific certifications. Foundations of Imaging is the first of this family of Programs. We have also added the Master Imager Award. It parallels the Master Observer Award for visual observers.
Lunar Evolution and Alternate Constellations are aimed primarily at fairly new observers, although Lunar certification is a requirement for the Lunar Evolution certification.
Lastly, the Library Telescope Obserinv Program is designed to recognize the value ot the Library Telescope Program implemented by the Astronomiucal League, as a means to recognize those members who dedicate effort towards this program.
All in all, we believe that these are great additions to our suite of Observing Programs and Award. We hope you will jump in and tacle some of these new options.
Aaron Clevenson, Al Lamperti, Cliff Mygatt, and Maynard Pittendreigh - Observing Program Directors