Are you interested in visiting some of the largest and most sophisticated observatories/telescopes in the world? Do you like sharing your knowledge and astronomical experiences with others? The check out the Astronomy in Chile Educator Ambassadors Program at http://epe.aui.edu/programs/astronomy-in-chile-educator-ambassadors-program/ and APPLY TODAY! Deadline extended to March 24 at 11:59 PM.
The 2019 ACEAP Expedition to Chile will take place July 27 – August 5, and is open to US and international participants. Here are the basics:
- The 2019 ACEAP Team will include a team of 10 individuals,
- It is intended that five (5) slots will be supported by NSF funding (excluding air travel in Chile, and R/T air to Santiago) through the normal ACEAP application and review process. No additional fees will be charged. These 5 slots are open to those in the US or US Territory. Please note that while we anticipate NSF support for the 2019 Expedition, this has not yet been secured. We anticipate confirmation in the near future.
- Four (4) slots will be made available to anyone in the US or abroad who has interest/experience in astronomy education/outreach. Their experience will have to be fully paid for by their institution or self-funded. Cost = $4200 USD excluding R/T airfare to Santiago. These will be filled on a first come first serve basis once initial qualifications have been met.
- 1 slot will be awarded to a Chilean educator who is embedded on the team.
- All 10 Ambassadors will be required to participate in pre-travel sessions and complete the outreach activities when they come home. In return each receives a $500 stipend.
Please visit the ACEAP at http://epe.aui.edu/programs/astronomy-in-chile-educator-ambassadors-program/ and apply TODAY. Application deadline extended to Sunday, March 24 at 11:59 PM.